Saturday, October 29, 2011

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger (112)

Monday the 24th...
I had the day off so I ended up sleeping it. Oh it was such a blessing to be able to sleep in and get some rest finally. I then was going to go see a movie with a friend. However, the movie we were going to watch was not until later. So, our movie date was foiled, so we decided to go get lunch together and Carrino's. It was good to get to know her a little better. It's interesting how you can go to church with someone for months, but until you actually try to get to know them, you will never know what kind of person they are or what in their life has shaped who they have become. The Lord gives us trials and difficulties in our lives for a reason. Sometimes I don't always understand why. However, I do believe that most of all it allows us a chance to grow so that we can learn to trust upon him more and to lean not upon our own understanding, but to lean upon him in our time of struggle. He never gives us more than we can handle and I need to take comfort in that for sometimes I think he pushes it kind of close. But I am glad he never gives up on us. He keeps taking care of us and keeps challenging us.

What I read Leviticus 22...
In the following verses, I think the reason the Lord stresses so strongly that they are not to profane his name and are to keep it holy, is because the people of Israel look up to them. They are an example to follow and to emulate. Too often we look to other people to see what is holy instead of following after the Lord's example. However, the Lord raises up people that he deems righteous and have a heart for him. Their lives though not perfect, should reflect God's love to his people.

1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 “Tell Aaron and his sons to treat with respect the sacred offerings the Israelites consecrate to me, so they will not profane my holy name. I am the LORD.

31 “Keep my commands and follow them. I am the LORD. 32 Do not profane my holy name, for I must be acknowledged as holy by the Israelites. I am the LORD, who made you holy 33 and who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am the LORD.”

Good Night and God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment