Saturday, October 1, 2011

Eighty-nine...

Saturday the 1st...

I had the day off... I went to breakfast with CM and we enjoyed a morning of just hanging out and eating breakfast together. After breakfast we decided to walk around and then some people stopped us on the sidewalk and asked CM if she wanted to be a hair model... I decided against it, but she thought it be fun... So she said yes and I went with her to the place to make sure she was not going to get abducted and then I left and went home and played some volleyball with RV and after volleyball I went to my friend, TP's birthday party. It was overall, a really enjoyable day and I can't help but smile when I think of those crazy people that walked up to us. I got to meet a lot of really cool people at TP's party and I am slowly getting to know her better. I think she is really awesome and I am excited to be working with her and the sophomore girls. I cannot wait to see what the Lord will bring out of this relationship.

What I read... Exodus 39.

The people finally completed everything as it says in v. 42-43
"The Israelites had done all the work just as the LORD had commanded Moses. Moses inspected the work and saw that they had done it just as the LORD had commanded. So Moses blessed them. "

I love that they did it all. They did not take any alterations of what they thought it should be. They did not take the word and twist it just a tad to fit their own desires of what they thought it should look like. But they did it just as it was commanded to them and then they were blessed for the work they had done. How often do we take something the LORD has given to us and tweak it ever so gently to fit the way we want it to. In fact how often do we see people come up with christian movies of biblical events and they change them either just a bit to a lot to fit their own purposes of making it more exciting, or hollywood-izing it. They want it to be something that people will walk away from and think wow. Yet how often are the Lord's plans WOW on their own. I look at my own life and I am so grateful for areas of my life where I did not tweak my life to fit a certain box, for if I did. I would not have experienced such splendor of serving the LORD.

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment