Saturday, October 1, 2011

Eighty-one...

Friday the 23rd

Another glorious day off...

What I read... Exodus 31.

I think this is impressive... The Lord designed the week... In v. 14-17
"Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it is to be put to death; those who do any work on that day must be cut off from their people. For six days work is to be done, but the seventh day is a day of sabbath rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day is to be put to death. The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and Israelites forever, for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed."

I love that the Lord tells us to refresh ourselves, because he designed our bodies for a 24 hour cycle and a 7 day week. He knows that if we work all week and never take a break we would run ourselves to the ground as many Americans do. However, man was not made for the sabbath, but the sabbath was made for man. The Lord gave them such strict orders because he knew the people and how they had worked in slavery, and they worked 24/7. The people were in much need of rest as they were to have a holy day for the Lord, for us today it is a day to get into his word, a day different than all the rest a day dedicated to him. I love that the Lord accounts for our foolish desires to work 24/7 and he required them to take a day of rest. I notice for myself when I do take this day to rest and dig into his word, I feel ready for the whatever the rest of the week may bring. How much we need this day of rest and yet so many people today ignore it. He is a God who takes care of his children and I am so blessed to be one of them.

Good Night and God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment