Saturday, October 1, 2011

Eighty-four...

Monday the 26th
I worked the late shift... I slept in and enjoyed coming in late. :)

What I read... Exodus 34.

When I read this chapter there is so much to gleam from it but I find myself focusing on the LORD's description of who he is. For he declares himself the great I am that I am. I love that he starts to define who he is... in v.6-7

And He passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, "The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation."

He is a God of compassion, grace, patience, love, faithful, forgiving, and just. We serve a God who is far more than a God that seeks to do whatever he feels like, but he loves us and has compassion upon us and in his awesomeness he wants the best for us. He allows us free will and thus we stumble into wickedness, sin and we rebel against him, yet he is still faithful to us and loves on us and forgives us our inequities. I think that is just so amazing. However, though we are sinners, we are still subject to his law and his righteousness and thus he is a just Lord and must punish us. However, it is with love. For he yearns for us to draw nearer to him that is why he punishes us. So that we may learn we cannot do it by ourselves and thus put all our faith and love in him.
I love later after Moses goes back up the mountain to get the tablets rewritten, because he broke them earlier when he was mad at the Israelites. In v.29 it says...

When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD. When Aaron and all the Israelites saw Moses, his face was radiant, and they were afraid to come near him.

The people were so amazed and scared because his face was glowing. I love when people are in a loving relationship and they just glow, or women who are pregnant and they are glowing with love. People that have the natural joy of the Lord, I believe have a glow about them, they radiate the love that the Lord has, it just shines through them. I love that from being with the Lord, Moses got a glow, I know that I am happier, more joyful after spending time in the word or getting to speak with God in prayer and meditation. I think perhaps I get a bit of a glow too, or at least I hope I do. I want the Lord's love to just shine through me and pour out into others. I don't want to scare them, but I want them to see the love that he has for them through me. I want to be the glow of the light switch, so people can see where to go and how to illuminate their lives with his love. Perhaps that is too many metaphors or is it similes. Anyhow I think the Lord is awesome and that he does shine through us when we have spent time with him.

Good Night and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment