Saturday, October 1, 2011

Eighty-two...

Saturday the 24th
I worked.... it was fun, we had a total of 5 patients all day and it went really well. I think I really enjoy the weekends, however, I also like the business of working during the week days.

What I read... Exodus 32.
Oh the people of Israel were at it again.... As Moses is up on the mountain getting all of the commandments from God and all the needed information for the building of his alter and the consecration of his priests and the sacrificing and on and on it goes.... He was up there for some time, and the people got anxious as we do. Out of sight out of mind. They wanted something physical to worship for they could not see God, how silly and stupid we are to want to worship something that we could make with our own hands. I am so grateful that we worship a God that we cannot even fully grasp the greatness of, for if my puny mind could understand all that He truly is, would he really be worth worshiping. I can't help but laugh and what Aaron says to Moses in v. 22-24,

"Do not be angry, my lord. You know how prone these people are to evil. They said to me, 'Make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who brought us up out of Egypt, we don't know what has happened to him.' So I told them, 'Whoever has any gold jewelry, take it off.' Then they gave me the gold, and I threw it into the fire, and out came this calf."

How often do we do that, dabble in sin, hang out with those that practice sin, and yet when we sin ourselves, it just happened, we didn't make the cast that formed the calf, it just appeared. Oh I know I have used that excuse. I don't know how I started sinning again it just happened. But who was I keeping company with. It wasn't people that encouraged me to be better than I am. Nor am I saying I should only hang out with those that will encourage me to do good. But to have support and encouragement is important especially in the world we live in today and especially to help fight against our own sinful desires. Thankfully, the Lord forgave them and did not bring down is just wrath and wipe them all out. However, he is just and he did bring a plague against them and 3000 people did die that day at the hands of their own brothers... The Lord wants us to be set apart from the world, and in order to do that we need to worship him and not silly idols. Praise be to him that he is such an awesome God that he still shows mercy though he is just.

Good Night and God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment