Saturday, October 29, 2011

Audience of One (115)

Thursday the 27th...
Today had to be one of my worst days at work. My friend who I was precepting again and I got into a bit of trouble at every turn it felt like. A couple of the nurses seemed to get really upset with us. It was a bit of a depressing day. I don't think I have yet to be so frustrated. I can handle teasing better than most, but once you start criticizing my character I get very defensive. I am a hardworking person and I hope that people don't think I'm a lazy. I know I am not working for them. I am working for the Lord, for an audience of one, and yet they still have the ability to affect my mood. I hate that I allowed them to tear me down. As Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." I wish I was thinking that when they kept ragging on me. I need to realize that people do not help create my joy. My joy comes from the Lord, not from man. I need to remember to fear the Lord and not man. Lord give me strength when I have yet not to bear.

What I read Leviticus 25...

I love that the Lord also provides for those less fortunate, for he knows are fleshly desires and that we are to fear him and not what others may think of us.

17 Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God. I am the LORD your God.

35 “‘If any of your fellow Israelites become poor and are unable to support themselves among you, help them as you would a foreigner and stranger, so they can continue to live among you. 36Do not take interest or any profit from them, but fear your God, so that they may continue to live among you. 37 You must not lend them money at interest or sell them food at a profit. 38 I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt to give you the land of Canaan and to be your God.

It is interesting that he has to continually remind them that he is the Lord who brought them out of the land of Egypt. You would think that is something that still resonated in their hearts and in their minds. Yet he still has to remind them constantly, just as nowadays he still has to remind us of how amazing he is and the power that he has. I wish we could just for a second be worthy of his Love, however, that is why his love is so amazing, because we are not worthy of it and yet he still gives it abundantly.

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment