Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ninety-nine

Tuesday the 11th..

We slept in and took her friend, D to breakfast at McDonalds and then to work, she treated us to breakfast and we had a bit of a food baby so we decided to go back to her place and chill for a while to let our stomachs settled. That evening we ended up playing soccer with some people from her ward. It was fairly entertaining and fun game. Our team actually ended up winning, which I am not entirely sure how that happened, but it did. Then after playing soccer, we came back got cleaned up and went to a dance class held at her church. It was rather entertaining we learned the Viennese waltz, which is actually super hard. I knew ballroom dancing was difficult I just don't think I ever realized quite how difficult it was. But it was fun. I felt bad for some of the guys I danced with, because I was so terrible. Haha... for my first time ever actually attempting to ballroom dancing it actually was not that bad, but definitely would not be described as pretty like the people in the picture.

What I read Leviticus 9...

So, they did it. Just as the Lord commanded.... and then the Lord replied in v.23-24...

23 Moses and Aaron then went into the tent of meeting. When they came out, they blessed the people; and the glory of the LORD appeared to all the people. 24 Fire came out from the presence of the LORD and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown.

I love that they were blessed and the glory of the Lord appeared to them. How amazed they must have been. I love that the fell on their faces. It reminds me of the day when we get to Heaven and we stand before the Lord, I wonder how long we will really be standing. Because to be in the presence of that much awesomeness, amazingness, glory and righteousness I imagine we are going to fall hard and fall flat on our faces. The people had just been delivered out of Egypt you might think, they were starting to get used to the whole miracle thing that the Lord was doing daily, yet still they fell facedown. I think it just speaks to the power of the Lord. No one can gaze upon it and live. Perhaps the Lord was protecting them, perhaps it was just that he is that Great! Whatever the case may be I believe he is worthy to be praised and I will shout for joy because I am in the book of life!

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment