Saturday, October 1, 2011

Eighty-three...

Sunday the 25th...

I went to church, and came home and enjoyed my evening.

What I read... Exodus 33.

It is so amazing the way that the Lord used to speak to the people. He would meet with Moses in the tent and all would know he was meeting with him by the cloud. In v. 9-11...
As Moses went into the tent, the pillar of cloud would come down and stay at the entrance, while the LORD spoke with Moses. Whenever the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the entrance to the tent, they all stood and worshiped, each at the entrance to their tent. The LORD would speak to a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.

I love that the lord met with him and would speak to him as a friend, they met in honesty and relational closeness as if meeting with an old friend. That is just so awesome. I love that the Lord has torn the curtain and now I too can come to him and meet with him as a friend. I am so grateful that I serve a God who is into relationships and not into legalism. I love that he also answers Moses prayer, in v.17

And the LORD said to Moses, "I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name. "

How great is it that the Lord knows us by name and that he answers prayers. I don't know for certain in terms of he has never spoken to me in a cloud or upon a mountain top, but I do believe he blesses me and thus shows me that he is pleased with me. Some days I think it would be so wonderful, if he could speak to me in a quite whisper and tell me he is pleased with me. However, though not audible I do believe he shows his love and his pleasure in us. I am so grateful to serve such a God that meets with us as friends and reigns down his love on us.

Good Night and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment