Saturday, October 29, 2011

Mom's are Awesome! (116)

Friday the 28th...
Today is a new day. It is my mother's birthday! She is by far one of the best women of faith I know. I love that when everything around me feels like it is crumbling, I can call her and she helps me put my life into perspective that things are really not as bad as they may seem. She is such a blessing to me. I do not know the type of woman I would be without her. She has been such a great influence in my life. I am so thankful that she helps remind me of God's greatness, she listens when I don't know what to say. She understands when I am not making sense at all. She gives great advice when I don't know what to do next. I am so glad that today she was born, for without her I would not be alive. Mom's are such a blessing they take such good care of us. God Bless my Mom she is one of the most amazing people I know!!

What I read Leviticus 26...

Maybe because it's my mom's birthday and I just read earlier about the whole obeying your father and mother this really struck me, but I find it interesting that he not only told them to obey him but explained to the people their rewards as well as the consequences of not obeying him. I thought this verse was rather interesting...

23 “‘If in spite of these things you do not accept my correction but continue to be hostile toward me, 24 I myself will be hostile toward you and will afflict you for your sins seven times over. 25And I will bring the sword on you to avenge the breaking of the covenant. When you withdraw into your cities, I will send a plague among you, and you will be given into enemy hands.

If we disobey him the very hands that brought them out of Egypt would also be the same to bring affliction over them. It reminds me of my mothers love for me. She took care of me, she carried me, she bore me, she taught me and I was to obey her. Yet when I didn't the same hand that brought so much love also delivered a hard strike upon my bear bottom. I don't resent my mother at all for any of the spankings I received for they were all well deserved and I am sure there were times I got away with stuff when I probably should not have and should have received such a spanking for my transgressions. Yet she loved me and she wanted me to grow up to be a woman that was respectful and obedient. Had she let me run rampant I would not be the woman I am today. I know I am not perfect, but thanks to my mom and dad I am a lot closer than I would have been if I had been left to my own devices. Just as my parents disciplined me, so does God discipline us. He wants us to become strong, respectful and obedient to him. I am so glad that he cares enough about me to chasten me and encourage me.

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment