Saturday, October 1, 2011

Eighty-six...

Wednesday the 28th

I had the day off... I went to starbucks and enjoyed the sunny afternoon. I just took it easy and enjoyed the day. I went to church that night and we had a fun night of worship for the kids, to get into worship and prayer and to just relax and reflect on life and what is going on in their lives.

What I read... Exodus 36.

This passage just astounds me... v.6-7

Then Moses gave an order and they sent this word throughout the camp: "No man or woman is to make anything else as an offering for the sanctuary." And so the people were restrained from bringing more, because what they already had was more than enough to do all the work.

I love that they just kept bringing more and more to the Lord, everything never seems enough for the Lord, he deserves are everything and yet we still withhold so much from him. I love that they brought an abundance to him. I love that they were overwhelmed by the vast amount of offering that they had to say that's enough. Why can't we be more like them. Bringing more and more to the Lord, for all the great he has done in our lives, it is a wonder we do not offer it all to him. Yet people still desire money and more money. Oh the world we live in. Money I do not have much of, years I do not have much of, possessions I have more than others, but I still do not have much of. Time I wish I had more of and myself I wish I had more of to give to him. I know that my offering is small and probably minuscule compared to what some can give. However, I do believe the Lord can still do a lot with everything that I give. I may not give tons of money, but time and love I can give in abundance. Truly all the Lord really wants from me, is me as a living sacrifice for him to do with what he has planned for my life.

All of Him is all I will ever need, all of me is all he has ever asked for.

I think that is a valid trade. I hope to serve him well and be a blessing in his service.

Good Night and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment