Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day of Relaxing (101)

Thursday the 13th..
We slept in again, had a nice relaxing lazy day. We went to see her Dad and her brother and then we went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides at the dollar theater. It was a fun day and I think I took a nice 2 hour nap in there too, while BH worked on her homework.

What I read Leviticus 11...

I always thought it was interesting that the Lord gave them animals they could eat and the animals that they could not eat, whether clean or unclean. I could never understand why he chose random animals that are clean and other animals that are unclean. I was thinking about this. These animals are probably deemed unclean, because they could carry diseases. It was not so much a matter of just "clean" or "unclean" But I do believe the Lord was taking care of his people, because he wanted to keep them safe away from diseases and he wanted them to be separate, set apart and sanctified from all other people. It was a way to keep themselves healthy and thus prosperous I believe.

46 “‘These are the regulations concerning animals, birds, every living thing that moves about in the water and every creature that moves along the ground. 47 You must distinguish between the unclean and the clean, between living creatures that may be eaten and those that may not be eaten.’”

What a God of detail though that he does list what and what not to eat. How to cook and clean said animals for eating. He explains to them, because they probably were eating these animals, and they were probably making them sick, it might have even been an animal of easy target or easy to come by, but the Lord gives restrictions for a purpose and I believe his ways work together for good for those He loves. Some days I am just so thankful that the Lord has come and that the Mosaic law is not nil, because Jesus has broken the barrier. Praise be to Him!

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment