Saturday, October 29, 2011

Room to Improve (114)

Wednesday the 26th...

I woke up and went to my PT test this morning. I passed!!! I didn't get above a 90, however, I did pass and so now I need to take it again in 6 months, I know last time I took my test I was going to try to do better. Maybe this time I will actually hold true to my plan and get above a 90 next time. At least I have plenty of room to improve. After I left my PT test I drove to work and showered and then went to back to the work grind. It was a pretty good day overall. We had some learning of reversal agents which was good to hear about. I really enjoy learning more. I also really like the CRNA that was teaching us. He is so helpful and willing to teach. Some people are just born to be teachers and others are not. I am so grateful for those that are born teachers, because a new LT and new nurse like me has so much to learn.

What I read Leviticus 24...

For all the movies that use God's name in vain. When they call out Jesus, or they say OMG, or they imply it. Why don't we do this anymore. For if we did I think they would stop cursing with God's name and not only that. We might have fewer people in rehab or in places of position that can impact the minds of our youth, for they are the ones that truly reach the impressionable minds. Such as movie stars, song writers, singers, people who perform plays or work with young children. Such as in these verses:

13 Then the LORD said to Moses: 14 “Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him. 15 Say to the Israelites: ‘Anyone who curses their God will be held responsible;16 anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.

If this was true would we take everyone out of the city and then kill em and then come back in. That would be a lot of people being stoned, and a lot of people being stoned. How many people watch these movies or read these books, or listen to these songs and yet we tolerate our saviors name being used in a way it was never meant to be said. We need to stand up and stone em. Okay so maybe not but still I wish I had the ability to go "I dream of Jeanie on the world and poof all the bad words or all the phrases of taking the Lords name in vain." I think the most interesting thing is not just that these issues were handled with so abruptly but that they are still so prevalent today, and not just prevalent but seemingly running rampant now. Lord where are we headed if not towards great and imminent destruction. Soon everything will burn, but for now the Lord is allowing time for as many people as possible to come to know him, before he returns. Thank you for your love and grace!

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment