Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy Anniversary (106)

Tuesday the 18th...


Today I got up and was supposed to take my PT test, when I showed up at the Track some people said they were doing the testing at the gym... so I went to the gym, only to find out they are only testing people on profiles today, and the rest of us are to wait to reschedule are PT test, because there were high winds today. Which I think is silly, because I would go running in those kind of conditions any ways, isn't fit to fight in any weather not just pretty weather or maybe that is just me. After my test getting cancelled I went to WHMC where I saw a bunch of people that I used to work with and chatted with some friends. Then after WHMC, I went home, showered and got ready for the day. I did a little bit of cleaning but not much. I ended up taking a nap and then going to watch a movie with my friend RV. I told him I was winning to see any movie but The Thing... and somehow that is the movie we ended up watching although, we told the lady at the ticket booth we wanted to see Moneyball. After we ordered and the movie started we realized we were in the wrong theater.... OOPS, oh well so I watched the movie, not my favorite, but I watched it. After the movie I went to starbucks and did some reading, then my friend JK called me so I left to go chat with her. It was nice to talk and catch up on each other's lives because I miss her so much. She is so awesome and I love her to pieces and she is getting married and has a lot going on right now and I am so excited for her. Then after chatting I decided to watch a movie and then just chill for a while. I was realizing that today is my one year anniversary of being in the AF. Kind of crazy that a whole year has gone by and that last year I was in Montgomery, AL. Acting like an idiot trying to figure out what they wanted from me. I wasn't allowed to talk to anyone really, because I had no roommate and we weren't allowed to talk for like the first couple days. It was a very intense time, but somehow I have made it a whole year now. My how the Lord provides and what a blessing it is to be in his will. I know I am where I am supposed to be. So crazy, well happy anniversary to me! haha :)


What I read Leviticus 16...

I think it is amazing that the Lord gives us such direction in v. 2 He commands,

2 The LORD said to Moses: “Tell your brother Aaron that he is not to come whenever he chooses into the Most Holy Place behind the curtain in front of the atonement cover on the ark, or else he will die. For I will appear in the cloud over the atonement cover.

I love that the Lord gave him a clear sign of when they are to meet, so that the same tragedy does not befall him that happened to his sons. I am even more grateful that the curtain is now broken and I can come to the Lord whenever I want.

34 “This is to be a lasting ordinance for you: Atonement is to be made once a year for all the sins of the Israelites.”

And it was done, as the LORD commanded Moses.

Lord I am so thankful that you make atonement for us through the blood of your son. I am so grateful I do not have to present a calf or a goat just to come before the Lord, because you are a God who had a plan in your good and perfect son, who bear all sin, that I can be made clean.

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment