Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hiking at Zion (100)

Wednesday the 12th..
We left to go down to Zion park to go hiking at Angel's landing. The hike was super intense. It had tons of chains and rocks, and the views were outstanding. Although, the hike itself was fairly intense, it was very worth it. I read a sign before we started the hike that said, 6 hikers died on this hike. I cannot say how very reassuring that was to read before starting a hike I had never done. However, I am so glad that we went and did it, because it really was a beautiful hike. So much fun and afterwards we went to dinner at apple bees and then drove back to SLC. The day was pretty amazing.


What I read Leviticus 10...

I think the Lord knew the hearts of these men: In v. 1-3

1 Aaron’s sons Nadab and Abihu took their censers, put fire in them and added incense; and they offered unauthorized fire before the LORD, contrary to his command. 2 So fire came out from the presence of the LORD and consumed them, and they died before the LORD. 3 Moses then said to Aaron, “This is what the LORD spoke of when he said:
“‘Among those who approach me
I will be proved holy;
in the sight of all the people
I will be honored.’”

So, to be perfectly honest, when I read this when I was younger. I did not understand why the Lord burned them up. My simple thinking was they made a mistake, why did they have to die. However, I think the Lord was not only just in his decision, but he was righteous and loving in his response. Why do I think that, because I think that perhaps their hearts were not in the right place when the made the unauthorized fire. They knew it was unauthorized, they knew it was contrary to the Lord's commands, but most of all they just weren't doing the work of the Lord. It would seem they were doing it because they wanted to. In v.3 The Lord says some pretty heavy stuff. We cannot take coming before the Lord lightly. It is something you must do with great reverence. Not just back then, but today as well. I know sometimes I speak to the Lord as my friend, but that is because he is. However, I can also speak to him as the creator of the Universe, because he is. The Lord is so great and so mighty that when we come before him, we need to come with reverent, humble and loving hearts. For that is what our God deserves. He created the heavens and the earth and he deserves none less than my best!

Holy is the Lord, God Almighty, The earth is filled with his glory!

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment