Thursday, July 28, 2011

Twenty- three...

So today was PALS class... very long, had a headache, went to be early!! Yay for sleep.
What I ate... protein shake, banana, salad, oranges, leftover stir fry, banana and peanut butter

What I read... Genesis 23
In Genesis 23, it talks about the burial of Sarah and how Abraham buys a plot from the Hittites to bury his dead. I think it is interesting that Abraham does not just accept the land from the Hittites but he instead purchases the land for probably far more than it is worth. I think that the Lord probably have him discernment, to know not to trust the people of the land, that he should purchase it, because Ephron was wheeling and dealing with Abraham and was taking advantage of him. I don't know how much I truly gleamed from this. Maybe just that it is okay to mourn the death of someone you love. There is a time for everything, even Jesus wept with Lazarus died.

No comments:

Post a Comment