Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day Eight...

So today I cheated on my diet.... :( It was surprise drawer tuesday and they had chocolate there. Instead of denying myself it totally I indulged in 2 pieces and it tasted amazing. I also indulged in a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter when I got home from work... It was just one of those days.

So what did I eat...
Breakfast: poached eggs with frozen fruit
Snack: a piece of chocolate
Lunch: Salad with orange
Snack: Cucumbers and turkey
Later snack: spoonful of peanut butter
Dinner: Tuna melt without the bread aka tuna and melted pepperjack cheese= delicious way better than another salad.
After run snack: protein shake.

I did run today. Although, I internally fought myself... I ended up going for a 3 mile run in 100 degree weather = a very exhausted Chelle.

Today I read Genesis 8...

This whole chapter is amazing and shows of Gods faithfulness and provision and love of man and his sorrow over the people that were lost. When I was young, I used to think that when the rain came down it was God crying. If the rain was from God crying I am sure he would have cried much more than 40 days and nights. I love the beginning of this chapter... v.1 "But God remembered Noah"- God remembers us. Truth is he never forgot us. He has a plan for our lives and we need to trust in him that though our thoughts and ideas of what is a good life may be different than what the Lord intends for us. I cannot help but think some days what am I doing out here.... So, far away from home, family, friends, everything I've known everything I had grown to love and treasure in my life is nothing with the Lord. He goes with me where ever I go. At church this past week the pastor said something that really struck me and has stayed with me. He said, "are you blooming where you've been planted." He talked of Jeremiah 29:11, and how people love to take that verse out of context. They don't mention that God promised the people they would be in that land for many years before he would deliver them. In fact most of the people he made the promise to would not even see it fulfilled but generations to come would see the promise fulfilled. Yes, God remembers us. However, we can't forget God. He needs to be the center of our lives and some days he is the only reason you get out of the bed, because you need to be blooming where he planted you, before you can grow somewhere else.

Lord help me to bloom, when I feel like I can't get out of my bud.... I mean bed.

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment