Friday, July 22, 2011

Day Eighteen...

It is the 18th day of my transformation, which is a slow but steady process, today was weigh in day. I did not gain or lose from last week, so perhaps I have been too steady, we're going to up the ante for next week I think and be alittle more hard core again like the 1st week. I had my ACLS refresher course today. I greatly enjoyed the Major that taught the class he was hilarious. I loved that he would tell us when you see V Tach or V Fib, I want you to hear, A little theme song start playing in your head, a little Dun, Dun Dun DaDah! I got this! His exact words, "I want you to see that rhythm and think I got this, I know how to handle this. Get excited when you see that rhythm." Well, I'm not sure I'll ever truly be glad to see that rhythm, but I do feel more prepared for it, then I would have the first time I took ACLS class. Overall, a very entertaining class. I also got to see some of my old coworkers from Big Willie, which was fun, they had a Surprise Baby shower for one of the Airmen, it was fun, because I got to come down on my break and join in a little of the fun. I had a very lovely chat with my sister and my niece on the phone and then on skype. They make me happy!! I love my family.

What did I eat today?
Breakfast: Smoothie
Lunch: Pizza and a slice of cake (what's a baby shower, without the cake)
Snack: Protein Shake
Dinner: I don't know if I ate dinner, because I took a nap, I was so tired after stressing over the ACLS class.


What I read... Genesis 18...
So, in the previous chapter the Lord renames Abram to Abraham and Sarai to Sarah... I really like chapter 18, but there is so much good stuff. I'm just going to hit home the stuff that really touches me everytime I read this passage. First of all Abraham sees 3 men walking and immediately, he takes them into his home and shows them an abundance of hospitality. Did Abraham know that it was the Lord, when he first saw them, or was that just his nature to invite an weary travelers into his home. I think both are true. I believe that Abraham had a servants heart and embraced them into his home, but I also think he had some sort of discernment from the Spirit that these men were of the Lord. I love that his heart is just to serve, to bring out the best to present to the men, a feast they had that night.

In v.9-15,
The Lord repeats his promise that Sarah will bear him a son by this time next year. I love that the Lord continually reveals his promises telling us repeatedly even after we have sinned that he is still going to bless us and deliver on his promises for our lives. I love that he not only calls Sarah out when she says that she did not laugh, but that he does not condemn her for it, but just tells her yes you did laugh. Just as we mock the things the Lord has promised us, thinking that such things could never be possible, but anything is possible through the Lord and though we laugh and do not believe at times, still he is faithful and delivers. When Sarah says that she did not laugh, it is almost as if she is saying that she is not a sinner, but the Lord does not rebuke her, he is not offended he just states, yes you did laugh... Because yes we are sinners and fall short of the glory of God, end of discussion, but he still loves us and still reveals and delivers on his promises and even sent his only son to die for us.

In v. 16-33

The Lord reveals his plan to Abraham that he is planning to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. This passage I think is so brave and bold of Abraham. I love it and I wish that I would take such things to the Lord sometimes. Abraham has Lot on his heart when he takes this to the Lord, and the Lord knew that. He allowed Abraham that ability to plead for his nephew and he does.... He starts out slightly timid saying not to destroy the city if he finds 50 righteous, and then becomes bolder as he fights for those he loves. He eventually asks the Lord to spare the city if he only finds 10 righteous. How often do we petition the Lord for our friends and Loved ones, to spare their souls and to allow the Lord to work in our lives to show them the blessing of being a child of God. I wish I was bolder like Abraham and able to share my faith more openly. However, I am not one of many brilliant words or memorable stories. But I want to live a life that people can see there is something different about me. The best way to share the Lord is through love and I do believe that I am doing that daily, if not with words, than hopefully with my actions.

I want to challenge myself in my loving kindness not just at work, but to those who try to cut me off in traffic as well. Wish me luck... it's going to be hard.

God bless and Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment