Sunday, July 31, 2011

Twenty Six...

Today was a lazy day, I sat around, watched movies, finished my puzzle and went to church. However, I did make some really awesome gluten free penne noodles and some amazing baked chicken, which tastes delicious!!

what I ate... greek scramble, clementines, ice cream left in the freezer, (trying to finish it up to get it out of here), chicken with noodles and cucumbers and feta cheese.

What I read... Genesis 26
I know a lot happens in this chapter as well, however, I kind of focused on this one area, because it appears that history seems to be repeating itself...

1 Now there was a famine in the land—besides the previous famine in Abraham’s time—and Isaac went to Abimelek king of the Philistines in Gerar. 2 The LORD appeared to Isaac and said, “Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land where I tell you to live. 3 Stay in this land for a while, and I will be with you and will bless you. For to you and your descendants I will give all these lands and will confirm the oath I swore to your father Abraham. 4 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, 5 because Abraham obeyed me and did everything I required of him, keeping my commands, my decrees and my instructions.” 6 So Isaac stayed in Gerar.

7 When the men of that place asked him about his wife, he said, “She is my sister,” because he was afraid to say, “She is my wife.” He thought, “The men of this place might kill me on account of Rebekah, because she is beautiful.”


That is awesome that the Lord still loved Abraham even though, he did the same thing with Sarah, just as Isaac is now doing with Rebecca, well these must be some really good looking women, for they were both well advanced in age and still being sought after by other men.
In verse 5 The Lord says, "because Abraham obeyed me and did everything I required of him, keeping my commands, my decrees and my instructions.” I know that I may be only reading a chapter a day, but Abraham messed up a lot like at least once every chapter. How awesome is it that the Lord keeps no record of wrongs, but sees his heart and his desire to follow the Lord and his faith was credited to him as righteousness and now the blessing is passing from Abraham to Isaac. So, cool. I am so glad that the Lord sees the good things we try to do and does not focus on the bad stuff that ends up happening most the time. How blessed we are that the Lord sees us through a rose colored glass that is called Jesus. Amazing!! How blessed we are to be part of the children of God. Thank you Lord for loving the world and me so much that you sent the Son and for giving all who accept it eternal life. Blessed is he whose sins are taken from us and are separated as far as the east is from the west and Blessed is he whose sins are no more, because they are not kept in a record log of things that we have done wrong. God is love and we learn in 1 Cor 13, that Love keeps no record of wrongs. How blessed are we.

Have a blessed night!

No comments:

Post a Comment