Friday, July 8, 2011

Day Four....

  • So... Today was weigh in day... drum roll please!
TA DAH... I am now 35.5lbs closer to my goal weight. I usually only lose about 2lbs the first week so I am a slight bit worried that it may only be water weight but then again I have been drinking lots of water. Thanks to this heat I am more than willing to drink lots of water. But in all honesty I am making this a habit and a lifestyle change and thus will not rebound back into gaining it all back and more.
What did I eat today....
Breakfast at 1000- 3 egg whites and 1/2 cup of blackberries.
Snack at 12- banana
Dinner at 1730-salad with carrots, cucumbers, turkey burger and a banana with peanut butter
Evening Snack: Chocolate Protein Shake.

So I was not as good about keeping to eating every 2-3 hrs. Which is why I was famished by dinnertime. However, I also slept in as well as was busy with patients and unable to get a snack. I did not go running today so I was able to sleep in and enjoyed my day of rest.. Hey if God rested on the 7th day. Surely, I can rest on the fourth...I am only human. I did greatly enjoy being busy at work today though. I had my first post op pediatric patient, a cutie to be sure. I also had an man that had difficulty getting his pain under control and my last guy had the same issue. I tend to get the men with pain issues. How does that work? haha Maybe I should just tell them to suck it up! haha Just kidding that would be mean. I do not have the heart to say that to anyone but myself and maybe my younger brother... haha. ;) Other than that my day was very busy not quite as eventful as yesterday but still an overall great day.

I didn't get a chance to make my new recipe so hopefully I will make it tomorrow. I did however, make it to the grocery store today before work and bought all the mixins. If it turns out good I'll post a picture and the recipe.

So, today I read Genesis 4
It too has a very powerful message I think. Cain kills Abel because God looked at Abel's offering with favor and did not show favor to Cain. When I was younger. I thought how mean! God you cannot be that mean to have a favorite that unjust. However, in my later years as I have matured in my christian walk (I think) and read further into the Bible in Hebrews 11:4 It says that.
  • "By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith he still speaks, even though he is dead.
I guess it just goes to show that God really truly could care less what we bring to him. It is what is in our hearts that he cares about. I also used to think that it was unjust that the Lord let Cain live. That hardly seems fair after he kills a righteous man. But perhaps God let him live because he had a bigger plan for him a plan to use him and his decedents as an example for his people. Also, to show that God is love and that he still loved Cain even if perhaps his heart was not where it should be. I know I would be dead 100x over if the Lord killed me every time my heart was not as it should be. I think that the Lord knows I am trying maybe that is why he keeps me from being cursed. I also can't help but wonder what was the mark that he put on him was it a giant L written on his forehead?

No one stops to think about Adam and Eve either.... I wonder what kind of strain that must have put on their relationship. Not only losing one son but both, because one is driven from the land. What must they be saying to each other. "Way to go Eve, if you hadn't eaten that apple none of this would have happened." "You ate it too, Adam! You are just as much to blame." Hmm... lets have another son.... Seth (the Golden Boy) In the end of Genesis 4:25 the last sentence says At that time men began to call on the name of the Lord. It seems to me that they took some time away from their walk with God. They did not call upon him during that time. How long was that time too? A couple days, a few years, a decade even? Were all those people of verses 17 to 24 not of Adam and Eves as well? I mean they are grandparents. I have no children but I cannot imagine not being able to see them or their kids. You have 4 generations all tucked into those verses before Seth appears. I wonder how long God waited for them to call upon him again. Just food for thought. It's been over 2,000 years and the Lord is still waiting for more of us to come to know him. How crazy it would be to be the last person to come to know the Lord and right then and there he is like finally, Ok here I am! Lets do this Millennial Kingdom thing! Ok probably not. But oh how my mind likes to ponder such things. I am grateful that he waited for me to become a christian.

Lord I pray for all those I know who have yet to make that decision. Please let me be a witness and a person you can shine through to show your love to them.

Good Night I am off to do some more just for fun reading before bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment