Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day Five.... elaborated.

It was a bit difficult to go running this morning as I stayed up late the previous night reading my Book, which I finished today! So I did not go running and I was not as faithful on my diet. :(

What Did I eat
Breakfast: 2 egg whites scrambled with 1 whole egg, spinach, turkey and feta cheese added after it is scrambled.
Snack: Banana with some peanut butter
Lunch: Salad (romaine lettuce with spinach) with cucumbers, carrots, a turkey burger and drizzled with a raspberry vinagrette... Delish!
Snack: turkey with some steamed asparagus I was cooking for dinner.
Dinner: Mediterranean Chicken with Couscous and steamed asparagus. (recipe to come)
After Dinner snack: 3 peanut butter cookies and half a cupcake (A tasty treat that probably should not have been eaten :( ....)

Overall, a good day of sleeping in relaxing and reading. I went to church that evening and then to a girls night over at my friends house, we watched How to Marry a Millionaire. It was hilarious and many laughs were shared through out the evening.

I did read Genesis 5 in the morning....
I will admit when I was younger it was not quite the favorite that it is now. All it is, is an account of the lineage from Adam to Noah. However, the cool part is that God totally reveals himself and his plan through out the names of the men in the lineage! Love that!!!
Adam=Man
Seth= appointed
Enosh= mortal
Kenan= sorrowful death
Mahalalel= from the presence of God
Jared=one coming down
Enoch=dedicated
(side note... Enoch never dies.... He walks with God and is no more. Perhaps this is how the rapture will occur... Food for thought. I would love if I ever get any ink in regards to my name it would say something like "She walked with God." How cool would that be!)
Methuselah= Dying he shall send
Lamech=to the poor to be destroyed
Noah= rest and comfort
When you put it all together you get Man appointed mortal sorrowful death from the presence of God one coming down dedicated dying he shall send to the poor to be destroyed rest and comfort.-

It may not read perfectly like a sentence. However, the message is there that a man (Jesus Christ) would be appointed to be mortal (for he was a God) a sorrowful death he would have, sent by God to come down to Earth dedicated (predestined) to die for the poor, and in his dying he would send (give) the poor (the sinners) rest and comfort.

I personally think this passage is beautiful that the Lord is so into the small things that he would name the first few people of the Bible with names that would tell of how they would be delivered. If you add all of the ages together only 1056 years after the fall of man is the way they shall be delivered revealed to them for a second time. The first time it is stated in Genesis 3:15, immediately after the fall of man. I think that maybe Eve thought Seth would be their deliver for in Genesis 4:25, she names him appointed. Oh if she only knew the great plan that God was already unfolding for all of mankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment