Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day Nineteen...

Well, it's been 19 days and I've lost a total of 2 lbs. So, I think I am going to be a little more intense come monday. Its been a nice relaxing saturday, cleaned the house, bought groceries, went to church. Not much to report, but I got to sleep in till about 10 and it felt amazing!

What I ate...
Breakfast: I slept in till 10, let's be honest I didn't eat till lunch
Lunch: ramen noodles with egg
Snack: peanut butter with an apple and a nonfat Chai from SB.
Dinner: a couple of scones I planned to make for church, but I burnt them and ended up taking them paddle boarding instead.

What I read... Genesis 19
Let's be honest this would be a great chapter to just skip over but the Lord wants us to learn and glean from it. So, it starts off all dandy, Lot brings the men into his home to share a meal. Then it goes bad.... All the men of the town come to rape the men, Lot offers his daughters instead, the men tell Lot that the Lord is going to destroy the city, but Lot and his family hesitate, the wife turns to dust because she turns around, the sons in law of Lot and future husbands for his daughters burn up with the city. Lot chooses not to go to the mountains but the small town of Zoar, and it ends with them in a cave in the mountains and his daughters have incestuous relations with their father... gross, Gross and GROSS!!

I guess when I read a chapter like this I can't help but think of all the sin that was surrounding Lot at the time, kind of sounds like cities today, incestuous relations, homosexual relations, people wanting to kill people, prostitution, offering his daughters. I guess the best I can glean from this passage is the Love of the Lord, he gave the people a chance and they turned against him, he took Lot and his family out when they hesitated and he delivered them to the mountains safely. Thank you Lord, for sparing the cities we live in today. For I know the times that we live in our not pleasant times, just watch the news. Thank you for the chance to live, the chance to share your love and spread the good news.

Good Night and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment