Thursday, July 28, 2011

Twenty-four

Day 2 of PALS course and I passed yay!! Another headache, super tired and obliterated from the week. At least there is only one more day of it. Yay for weekends and more paddle boarding.
What I ate... protein shake, clementines, sandwich and cottage cheese, Greek eggs for dinner.

What I read... Genesis 24
A love story...
I think there are definitely some interesting parts in here. So, Abraham makes his servant go back to his old home and fetch is son a wife. The servant does as is asked

12 Then he prayed, “LORD, God of my master Abraham, make me successful today, and show kindness to my master Abraham. 13 See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. 14 May it be that when I say to a young woman, ‘Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I’ll water your camels too’—let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.”

15 Before he had finished praying, Rebekah came out with her jar on her shoulder. She was the daughter of Bethuel son of Milkah, who was the wife of Abraham’s brother Nahor. 16 The woman was very beautiful, a virgin; no man had ever slept with her. She went down to the spring, filled her jar and came up again.

17 The servant hurried to meet her and said, “Please give me a little water from your jar.”

18 “Drink, my lord,” she said, and quickly lowered the jar to her hands and gave him a drink.

19 After she had given him a drink, she said, “I’ll draw water for your camels too, until they have had enough to drink.”20 So she quickly emptied her jar into the trough, ran back to the well to draw more water, and drew enough for all his camels. 21 Without saying a word, the man watched her closely to learn whether or not the LORD had made his journey successful.


This shows that not only was Abraham a believer, but so was his servant and probably all the men in his household, not only does the Lord deliver him a young women, but she is delivered precisely how the servant has prayed. Talk about an answer to prayer.

This is also another of my favorite verses, because they didn't even know how true this prayer would be answered.

To end it all, Isaac, marries her the moment he gets her to a tent. What a whirlwind romance, what if we still had romance like that. My dad would send our non-existent servant back to Scotland to find me a man to marry.

Or more accurately, some man would show up at the park water fountain, ask for some water and I'd offer him water from my water bottle as well as continuously fill it till all of his maybe horses had enough as well. He'd give me some pretty jewelry, I take him back to meet my folks and leave the next morning for a long and tedious trip via horse (camel) to show up meet the guy I'm going to marry, get shy, hide my face behind a veil and tadaa he brings me to his dead mothers house (tent) and we get married. Well, what would you say to that Mom and Day? You're daughter has gone off to the man she is going to marry. I cannot even fathom what must have been going through Rebecca's mind. But how cool that she was picked while serving. Maybe I should start walking around with a water jug to try to catch me a guy. Haha Alright, maybe not, but it would be cool to meet while both serving for the Lord. If a servant of a man ever shows up for me to come back to marry his master, pray I have the discernment to know if it is of the Lord. hehe.... until then I guess I just stick to serving the Lord till a servant shows up.

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment