Monday, July 11, 2011

Day Seven...

It has now been one week. I feel exhausted today. I have had a headache all day and I have felt crappy all day. I think this is the prelude week to another more eventful week. If you too are female you probably know what I am saying. I have been craving simple sugars all day long! This has to be the hardest day of being on my diet yet.

I worked in the trailer's today as I will be doing all week. I found that I don't mind the trailers. However, I am unable to take short breaks and get a wee snack when my snack times are due and thus was starving and famished all day. I don't think I realized just how much those little snacks help.

So... what did I eat today
Breakfast: 2 poached egg whites and 1/2 cup of mixed fruit.
Lunch: Salad with 2 cuties
Snack after work: cucumbers and turkey
Dinner: scrambled eggs with dill and feta cheese (the thought of eating salad again just increased the pressure of my headache.
Snack: protein shake

Today I read Genesis 7...
A really good book to read when you are feeling self pitying and not desiring to do anything but just be lazy. In Genesis 7, Noah and his 3 sons build the ark.... it takes them 1 whole year and in that time they were not lazy, they did not feel sorry for themselves and they continued to work as other's made fun of them for it. All the stinky smelly animals come and walk into the ark... I don't know about Noah, but having not heard the story yet of Daniel in the Lion's den, I would have been super nervous and scared. Not only for 40days and 40 nights did it flood, but the water didn't recede for many days after that. Being trapped on the ark with the same people and animals for all that time... might be where they got the term cabin fever. I love my family dearly, but sometimes I wonder if we could last that long with out wanting to throw someone into the Lion's den. It sure would keep me in check.... "If you keep arguing with your sister or will put in the Lion's den." A verse that truly touched me was v.22 Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in it's nostril died. I am so glad that the Lord later promises to never do it again.... Because in the days we are living in now, I wouldn't blame him if he did. Please Lord take care of those in places where they do not feel safe to walk the streets. I pray of the chosen people of God that they might come to know his son Jesus and all that he has done for them.

On a happier note and with a skip to my step I am off to bed after taking a little Tylenol to help with my headache.

-Good Nigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment