Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day Seventeen....

Well, it has been a long and eventful day of flutterings and joyful smiles and just happy moments of being alive. I had some fun patients today. I had one that was half out of his mind coming off anesthesia, telling me of the fishes in his room. I love the things that people say. But my favorite was when he told me that I was too beautiful I must be an angel. Not only has being a PACU nurse been awesome for my nursing skills, but I think that I am definitely enjoying the daily confidence boosts of being told I'm beautiful. Coming from a girl that has never had a real boyfriend and really only been told by family and friends that you are pretty, out of what I consider common courtesy. Not that any of my friends are ugly, they are all beautiful and stunning and so is my family, which I think why sometimes I feel like I pale in comparison to the beauty that surrounds me. So, I guess you could say this job has also been a significant boost to my self esteem, even if my patients are high on drugs.

What I ate....
Breakfast: Fruit smoothie
Snack: Coffee
Lunch: Salad and apple
Snack: a cookie from the volunteers at work
Dinner: Ramen noodles with egg.

What I read....
The circumcision.... Now I know what you're thinking... this is right up my alley, surgeries, cutting away of the flesh and all that Jazz, but sometimes all I can think of when I read this, is really Lord this is the best you could think of to make a promise between man and God, to cut away some flesh from the men's privates parts... Why did you even make that part if you planned to have them cut it off anyways... Gross...

So after a little growing up I still think this is an interesting way to make a covenant, I don't know how many men walked around naked, but I do know that Adam and Eve discovered their nakedness in seconds of eating the fruit, so I have to assume that the people of Abram's day still walked around in fig leaves, or were now able to fasten some sort of cloth like clothes together if this is the case... than the covenant was not quite the outward showing that one would think the original intent had been. Instead it was more of a physical way to show how one's insides were as we are baptized they were circumcised. They cut away the flesh that was not needed for life, that could cause infection if not properly taken care of... and forgive my frankness, but overall made it look better.

As we in our spiritual lives need to do with our own fleshly tendencies and our desires of the flesh, we need to cut them out of our minds and our lives and live earnestly for the Lord, because they are not beneficial to life, they do nothing to enhance our lives, but by cutting them out of our lives we make ourselves pure and more beautiful to God. I know that I am not perfect and am far from it. But I hope that when people look at me, no matter how drugged up they are they see God's love shinning through me and showing them love. May it be you they see Lord and not me, for without you I am just an empty vessel that is floating in sea of uncertainty, but with you I have purpose and desire and passion to live each day to fulfill your plan.

Blessed be your name, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment