Sunday, July 3, 2011

Making a Habit...

It is said that it takes about 3 to 6 months to make a habit... So, instead of calling it diet or a weight loss plan... or a just a bible study... I'm considering it a life transformation... I've been really bad about reading my bible daily. I also have found myself getting frustrated with my current weight and thus instead of complaining about it... I am going to do something about it. I know that usually you should start off small and work yourself into small changes one at a time... But I want to really make a mind, body and spirit transformation in my life. I am trying not to focus upon myself during this change, but more so to focus upon the Lord during this change and hopefully come through it a little smarter, a little thinner and a lot more focused on God.

Here are the rules I am placing on myself I am writing it down in hopes that it might stick more if I use my blog as my accountability... I don't want to actually publish how much I weight but I will say I want weight about 30 to 40lbs less than what I do now. I am allowing myself one fun meal every Friday from a stack of recipes I have been meaning to make for a while and if I like it... I will take a picture and post it on here to show you what I made.

I am also going to start training for a full marathon... I have yet to sign up for one. But I am thinking of running the San Antonio Rock and Roll Marathon... I have till July 31st to make my decision before the price increases. So, Lord willing maybe I can talk someone else into running it with me.. I have done about 3 to 4 half marathons and I think I am finally ready for the real deal a full 26.2 miles.

I have been reading my Bible regularly but not daily like I should so... my hope is to start back over in Genesis and do one chapter per day. I'll probably start reading and running on the 4th, but the actual food change will commence on the 5th.

So... My 4th of July Goal will actually commence on July 5th...
  • -40lbs (weigh in on Fridays)
  • Full Marathon (November 13th)
  • Genesis 1-Revelation 22
  • One new recipe every Friday.

WISH ME LUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment