Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mediterranean Chicken Dinner

What you need:
1 Tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of pepper
8-10 skinless chicken thighs with bone in ( I actually used about 5-6 boneless chicken breast cutlets- still worked really well)
1/4 c. white wine vinegar
2 cloves of garlic sliced into thin rounds. (Truthfully I didn't know how to make this happen so I just chopped them up and sprinkled them on top... still tasted great)
3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme (I just sprinkled thyme on them from my spice rack.)
1/2 c. pitted olives ( I used Kalamata Olives)
1 lemon, sliced in thin rounds
1 c. whole wheat couscous ( I just used a box and then added a little Italian seasoning to it)
1/2lb of fresh asparagus
1 tsp of lemon zest.

To make:
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  2. Heat olive oil in a large oven proof skillet, over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, add to pan, cook 5 min, turn and cook 2 min.
  3. Pour out any excess fat, return pan to burner, stir in broth and white wine vinegar. ( I was unsure if I skilled was oven proof so I just put my chicken and broth into an oven proof pan once I had finished with the skillet) Then I sprinkled the garlic, thyme, and olives on chicken and lay one lemon round upon each piece of chicken.
  1. Put skillet (pan) in oven and Roast chicken for 17-20 min
  2. Prepare couscous as described on box (add Italian seasoning if you love to season)
  3. Steam Asparagus until crisp and tended then sprinkle with lemon zest.
  1. Serve chicken over couscous with steamed asparagus on the side.
  2. EAT and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment