Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day Eleven...

So , I apologize for the delayed response on day 11, It was a work day and then I went out with some friends that night and I didn't get home till 11 and went straight to bed.

It was weigh in day and dun dun dun, I am up 2 lbs, but down 2 lbs overall still. So, I am still happy!

What I ate:
Breakfast smoothie
Snack: a krispy Kreme donut that one of our previous patients brought in to say thanks. ( I felt obligated to take one, since I helped take care of her).
Lunch: Salad
Snack: turkey and cucumbers
Dinner: thin crust healthy choice pizza

What I read... Genesis 11:
So, this is where I camped out in this chapter...

  • This is the account of Terah’s family line.
  • Terah became the father of Abram, Nahor and Haran. And Haran became the father of Lot. 28 While his father Terah was still alive, Haran died in Ur of the Chaldeans, in the land of his birth. 29 Abram and Nahor both married. The name of Abram’s wife was Sarai, and the name of Nahor’s wife was Milkah; she was the daughter of Haran, the father of both Milkah and Iskah. 30 Now Sarai was childless because she was not able to conceive.
  • 31 Terah took his son Abram, his grandson Lot son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law Sarai, the wife of his son Abram, and together they set out from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to Canaan. But when they came to Harran, they settled there.
  • 32 Terah lived 205 years, and he died in Harran.
I am always finding things I didn't really see before. Now the family of Terah, was Abram, Nahor and Haran, Haran has Lot and dies so, Terah takes him as his own. Terah also takes his son Abram and his wife Sarai, but why did they leave behind Nahor? Didn't Nahor want to come? Perhaps he had cleaved to his wife and her family and thus did not desire to go with them. Why did Terah decided to leave Ur, in the history books, Ur was a hip and happening place, The Lake Oswego if you know what I mean and Canaan was like going to the farming lands of Molalla, not a lot out there. I think the Lord was using Terah to move his family out of Ur and into Canaan, that He might speak to Abram and make his nation. The Lord saw something in Abram a righteousness for he believed. I think it is possible that the reason he probably had such faith is because his father was a man that had faith. I know in my own experience I may have eventually come around to the Lord, but it was eternally easier being raised in a home that believed in him that I would come to believe in him at an early age and thus be saved the heartache and troubles that could have befallen me more had I not had faith in the Lord. I think the Lord does give us only what we can handle, but some days I feel so invincible, because I feel I can handle anything as long as I have him.

He is all you need.


No comments:

Post a Comment