Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day Fifteen....

So... I had a very long day and was too tired to write about it yesterday. In fact I am still fairly tired now and am not feeling much like writing. However, I do not plan to get more than 1 day behind. So. in brief...
what I ate:
Breakfast:Coffee and some fruit
Snack: no time for food
Lunch ate at 2pm a salad and an apple with peanut butter that was supposed to be my snack
late snack: blueberry muffin
Dinner:egg salad sandwich- with jalapenos, cucumbers, and sprouts... delish
After dinner snack: protein shake

what I read Genesis 15
God's covenant with Abram... soon to be Abraham.... I usually always get caught up in the fact that the Lord makes a covenant with Abram, but does not require him to walk through the halved pieces of the animals because the Lord planned to fulfill the promise without Abram doing anything. In fact, Abram just laid there and the Lord said he would make a covenant with him and a smoking firepot with a blazing torch appeared out of mid air from the Lord to pass through the halves of the animals. CRAZY right?!? No wonder I always get soo stuck on that.

Today however, I found myself more intrigued by v.1 After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision:"Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, you very great reward." This really seemed to strike home to me today. The Lord is my shield, he protects me and loves me and cares for me and he is my reward. I sometimes don't always take these promises to heart, for though they were written to Abram I know they are also written to us, the children of God.

His promises keep abounding. It's amazing we're able to do anything without first thanking God for all he's done for us. Every good and perfect gift comes from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment