Monday, July 18, 2011

Day Fourteen....

What a day. Back to grind of work. Oh how I love my weekends... Sadly the work week reappears. At least I love what I do.

I really felt my nursing judgement being called into question today. I had a patient who had hypertension and I had to get it under control. The medication that was prescribed was working but only very briefly. I felt slightly frustrated with my inexperience on what to ask that would be more effective for my patient. However, even in my inexperience I used my experience of asking for a second opinion and thus was able to help my patient and in turn was able to get his blood pressure under control!! HOORAH!! I also talked today with a girl that is joining the Air Force and leaves for COT in august. It was funny because it was just about a year ago that I was feeling the same nervousness, fear and anxiety that she is feeling now. I know that we all deal with it differently, but I am so glad I always have my faith to lean on in times of trials and troubles. Thank you Lord, for being my rock. Not only that but delivering me into my land of milk and honey, working as a PACU nurse in a large hospital and allowing me to gain so much experience I feel so completely blessed.

What did I eat today.... I was again bad.
Breakfast: Krispy Kreme donut
Lunch: 6in subway sandwich, chips and a small piece of cake
Dinner: Stir fry= Delicious
Post Dinner snack... I shouldn't have but peanut butter icecream. (Oops :/....)

What did I read.... Genesis 14
The story unfolds as a battle with the 4 Kings that were allied against Sodom and Gomorrah... and thus the battle occurs and in the process when the 4 Kings when and take off the people and possessions, Lot gets pulled in with the loot and someone escapes to go tell Abram... this picture reminds me so much of Jesus..... First we fraternize with sin, then we start to play with it more, then we start living near it, allowing it into our lives to come and go as it so chooses and then when you least expect it, it steals you away and takes you prisoner. Then Jesus hear a prayer sent up from someone that we need help and in he dives to save us from our sins. He leaves the whole flock that has not gone astray to save us. Now why would He do that? Because He Loves us, because he loved us enough to die on the cross from us, he fought even through death to save us. He literally fought to the death, died and still won. Now who wouldn't want to be on the kind of winning team. I know I do, I know I never say it enough, I never think it enough, I never pray it enough, but thank you Lord for dieing so that I could join your team! Not only a winning team, but an eternal team. Join the team if you haven't yet!

God Bless and Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment