Monday, September 19, 2011

Seventy-five...

Saturday the 17th... I was so cool... I slept in, did laundry and cleaned my apartment, hardcore like dusted and mopped and swept and did dishes!!! I have absolutely no food to my name, but at least my apartment is clean.. Later that evening I went with my friend JH to frozen yogurt and a movie at Alamo draft house, it was my first time there and we saw the Help... I thought it was a pretty good movie, pretty emotional, but overall a good movie. JH and I had fun, she told me I can no longer pick the movie now, haha but overall, it was so much fun hanging out and getting to know each other on a more personal level other than the hey I work with you. She is a really awesome person and I enjoyed spending time with her.

What I read Exodus 25...

The Lord tells them how they are to worship him, and they are to make an ark and a tabernacle and lamp stands and a table... He gets pretty intricate and detailed and there is a lot of images and symbolism to be spoken of in this, however, yet again I am reading it from my point of view and though I could tell you how awesome it is that the Lord explains the symbolism later in the Bible... but I am instead going to be me and look at it from a very humble viewpoint and just admire Moses and the Israelites and their faith. In v. 17-22

"Make an atonement cover of pure gold -two and a half cubits long and a cubit and a half wide. And make two cherubim out of hammered gold at the ends of the cover. Make one cherub on one end and the second cherub on the other; make the cherubm of one piece with the cover, at the two ends. The cherubim are to have their wings spread upward, overshadowing the cover with them. The cherubim are to face each other, looking toward the cover. Place the cover on top of the ark and put in the ark the tablets of the covenant law that I will give you. There, above the cover between the two cherubim that are over the ark of the covenant law, I will meet with you and give you all my commands for the Israelites."

I just think it is so awesome how amazing the Lord is that as he is giving all these commandments, he already saw the beautiful ark. He knew who would make it. He knew the hands that would be able to work with the gold and he knew who would make the cherubs. He knew that the people would be able to do this amazing work, because he had already allowed some of the Israelite men the ability to study under a goldsmith, that would teach them how to perform such work. I just love that, because when I originally read this my simple mind always thinks... Really? How on earth is this going to happen, not only that, but who the heck knows what a cherub looks like... I had to relook it up on google, because I couldn't remember. I always just think a flying baby right? haha I know so not at all what it is... more like a toddler. But seriously how crazy a request I keep thinking. However, this thing had to be amazing... I mean it was the ark of the covenant. A man could die just by touching it, later on. Obviously, not while they were building it. I just love how awesome the Lord is and how he provides and knows and allows man the creative and workmanship to be able to produce exactly what he had desired. The Lord is good.

Good Night and God Bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment