Monday, September 19, 2011

Sixty two...

Sunday the 4th... Church in the morning, brunch with the fam, later went to hang out with my sister at her place and went through some of her clothes, which I am excited about getting my care package... :) Then I went the church with my brother and then we went to watch a movie at the guy's house... It was a good time. I'm glad I got to spend time with my family and church family on sunday... That is what sunday's were made for. After the movie I went home and to bed with me.

What I read Exodus 12...
The Passover... this is the first month of your year. The 10th day of this month is to take a lamb and to sacrifice it, it will be a year old male, and then on the 14th of the month, put the blood of the lamb on door frame and then with unleavened bread, and eat the food in haste and eat it all if anything is left, burn it. The blood is to be a sign to passover and the plague will passover you and your first born son will not die. The Lord gives them more instructions for the passover... At Midnight the destroyer went through the land of Egypt and all those who had did not have blood at the top and both sides of the door frame, their children will be protected by the Lord. The Lord takes care of those who fear him, he even struck down the first of the livestock. During the night Pharaoh sent Moses away and the Israelites. They left in haste and they plundered the Egyptians... 600,000 men on foot left Egypt...

I cannot imagine the sight that must have occurred here, the pain, the devastation, the fear, the sadness and the anger that must have ensued would have been so overwhelming in the land. Oh to be but a fly on the wall, when this took place to see the people rally together to leave Egypt with so much gold and silver and livestock to leave the Egyptians with what would appear nothing... I cannot imagine the pain that must have occurred for all the people here. Not only for the Egyptians but for the Israelites, what a God we serve that in an instant all the first born children are dead in an instant, how insignificant we are, how mortal our lives are, how quickly are lives can pass in a second, it is evident even in the world that we live in now... People die instantly in a car crash, in a plane crash, in 9/11, not one of those passengers thought, this will be the flight that ends my life... at least I definitely would not have been thinking that. The Lord is mighty, but he is just and he allowed Pharaoh repentance, not just one time but several times... and still he hardened his heart. Sure God hardened it as well, but the Lord would not have hardened it if he had thought that Pharaoh would not have hardened it himself... He knows our intentions, our thoughts, our hopes, and our hearts. That is how we chose him, because he first chose us.... I am so blessed that he gave me a heart that yearns to please him and desires to know him more. I am so happy for all the joy that he allows me and even that pain that he brings... For he is alpha father and he knows exactly what I need and when I need it and I am so much better for it.

Good Night and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment