Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fifty-six....

Monday the 29th... I worked again... it was a very enjoyable day of work. :)

What I read Exodus 6...

The Lord again tells his plan to Moses and to not be swayed by the people in their turmoil he will bring them out of the land of Egypt. I love the promise that he makes...

v.6 "Therefore, say to the Israelites: "I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. 7 I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. 8 And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the LORD."

What an outstanding promise... to give to the people all of which is already promised to them. To redeem them. To save them from their oppressor... to help them... and in truth though it would not be immediate or instantaneous... it would be extremely faster than the rest of the promise to give the people the land promised to them.... heck in some ways it would seem that the people are still waiting on the Lord to give them all of the land that was promised to them. The Lord definitely moves on his own time table, however, he is amazing in all that he does and shows to the people of Egypt and the Israelites.


No comments:

Post a Comment