Monday, September 19, 2011

Sixty-four...

Tuesday the 6th... Back to the work grind... :)

What I read Exodus 14...
The people of Israel were in the desert on the side of the Red Sea and then the Egyptians came and overtook them as they camped... the people cried out of Moses and to God and wanted to serve the Egyptians rather than die... how different we think today in America... give me liberty or give me death... If I cannot live in freedom I do not want to live at all... the complete opposite of what the Israelites were asking... give us life, whether in servitude, but do not let us die. This was the whole of the Israelites as it were... if Pharaoh was to overtake them here, that would be the end of God's choosen people... how grateful I am that the Lord's plans are greater than our own, and he did not allow the people to die, nor did he allow them to serve the Egyptians any longer... I love what Moses says to the people...

v.13 Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.

The Lord took care of them, he led them across the Red Sea and trapped all the Egyptians by drowning them and the people never did see those Egyptians again for they all died. The were delivered through the dry ground, with water on both sides and made it safely to the other side of the sea. I love this... to have lived through this time would have been hard but also it brought great joy. I think that is just such a blessing to be part of that kind of work that the Lord did. However in v. 14 I love that Moses tells them to be still and the Lord will fight for them. They needed to do nothing but walk... How often do I get up daily and all I need to do is just get up and go to work and the Lord will take care of the rest, The Lord truly does take care of me I see it daily in the way, I am down here in San Antonio, I had safe travels on my flights, I may have been a bit delayed, but even the people of Israel were taken on a slight bit longer flight and had a couple lay overs. The Lord has a destination in mind for us, but sometimes we just need to be stuck on a layover somewhere so that he can teach us something to allow for the next flight to go smoother. No one wants to stay in Egypt, no one wants to be in the world if you have the Lord with you. For to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. How I look forward to that day, but till it comes I pray that I can get as many people as I can to come with me. I am invincible till the day he is done with me.

Good Night and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment