Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fifty-five...

Sunday the 28th... I went to work so I missed out on church :( However, I did get to hang out with some pretty sweet people and listen to some music while at work. After work I was craving some companionship so I invited some friends over to watch a movie and for pizza. I ended up having a couple friends come over RV and AP, she also brought her dog, we had pizza and watched Hercules... yes the disney movie... it was vastly entertaining, because neither of them had ever seen it before... which slightly baffled me. Since, I am pretty sure there is no disney movie I have not seen. haha... I truly am a kid at heart.

What I read Exodus 5...

So Moses and Aaron go to Pharaoh and tell him to let the Hebrews go so that they may go and worship and sacrifice to their Lord in the wilderness... However Pharaoh then gives the slave drivers orders to no longer give straw to the men working, and that they must still make the bricks, by gathering their own straw. He calls them lazy and he asks of them to go out and gather their own straw instead of worshiping and sacrificing to the Lord... The Hebrews then go to Moses and Aaron and are angry for the extra work that Pharaoh given them that they in turn attribute to Moses and Aaron brought this extra work upon them. At the end of the chapter Moses cries out to God asking why he sent him to do this work if it is causing more burdens upon the people of Israel. It seems that even back then they wanted change to come immediately. No one ever seems to want to wait for change, yet that seems to be the only way that the Lord delivers it and not only that but he also seems to have things get worse before they ever get better. You have to be truly fallen and broken and unable to get up on your own, before the Lord will pick you up and pull you out of the pit. It seems that in order for us to be truly for the Lord we have to be truly broken by the Lord. He breaks the flesh in us the desires of evil things the things that are no good for us. The people do not like their work, but it is livable, they need to see that they truly need the Lord before he will deliver them. So many times I just want him to make my life rosy and perfect... Then I realize if I never experienced the miry pit and being broken for the Lord... how would I ever appreciate how amazing the great times are with him. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away and he should always be praised no matter the situation.

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment