Monday, September 19, 2011

Sixty- three...

Monday the 5th... Coffee with daddy, hang out with sister, lunch with the family, mom and dad drove me to the airport off to San Antonio.... Flight to Sacramento... plane change... flight to Las Vegas... un-predicted plan change and flight to San Antonio.... taxi cab home... and to bed with me.

What I read Exodus 13...
So much happens in this chapter but I love the work that he does in the people... he has the Hebrews sacrifice all their firstborns and redeem their sons so that they may tell the story of how the Lord worked in the lives of the people and delivered them.. So that they could tell their children that

v. 14 "In days to come, when your son asks you, "What does this mean?" say to him, 'With a mighty hand the LORD brought us out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 15 When Pharaoh stubbornly refused to let us go, the LORD killed the firstborn of both people and animals in Egypt. This is why I sacrifice to the LORD the first male offspring of every womb and redeem each of my firstborn sons.' 16 And it will be like a sign on your hand and a symbol on your forehead that the LORD brought us out of Egypt with his mighty hand."

I love that the Lord always has a plan, he had this in mind, when he allowed the Egyptians and the Israelites to endureth the plagues... So awesome are his plans. This is also why he led them towards the Red Sea, for if they had gone through the land of the Phillistine country which was faster, they might have faced war and just fallen back into slavery, because they might change their minds. The Lord knows that we are weak and feeble without him, that we need him to take care of us. With God I can beat sin, but without him, I fall right back into my sin and my fleshly tendencies... So frustrating... but that is why the Lord allowed the law to show us that we literally can do nothing with him, but with him, anything is possible that is an awesome thought. I love that he takes care of them and he leads them with a pillar of a cloud during the day and by a pillar of fire at night, so that can continually escape from the Egyptians...

v. 22 Neither the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night left its place in front of the people.
- The Lord is always there for us, guiding are way by day and night. He always will take care of us and I am so thankful for that. I love this story... I know it's morbid and it's sad and its somewhat slightly magical in it's could that be true... but it was and it is there for us to read and hear of the mighty hand of God. So glad am I that I am kept in his hand and not under his fist.

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment