Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Forty Eight...

Sunday the 21st... went to church, came home, cleaned, went for a walk to SB.

What I read...Genesis 48
Jacob is dying and his eyesight is bad and Joseph comes to visit him and brings his 2 sons and when Jacob/Israel blesses him Israel places his right hand on the head of Ephraim and his left hand on the head of Manasseh, so Joseph becomes displeased and goes to move his fathers hands so that the right hand is on Manasseh and his left is on Ephraim. But in his old age, it would appear that though he could not see well he had the blessing of the Lord that Ephraim would be a greater nation than that of his older brother. Perhaps because I am a second child, I always enjoy seeing the second child being blessed above that of the first, but I think that comes back to basic sibling rivalry, for I honestly am so glad for my older sister, she helped me in times when I did not know what to expect, she led me in the right direction. I am so glad for my older sister, she is amazing and if she is reading this, “I love you sooo much!!” I wonder what the feeling of Manasseh and Ephraim were, did Manasseh resent his younger brother as Joseph’s older brothers resented him. I guess will never know. However, I think the reason that the Lord saw to use the younger over the older, was perhaps his love of using the small and unlearned to confound the wise. If everything always happened just as we thought, then what fun would living be. Perhaps in the infinite omnipotent knowledge of the Lord, he gave Israel a dream that the children of Joseph the younger would become greater than that of the older. Just a thought. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment