Monday, September 19, 2011

Sixty-eight...

Saturday the 10th... I went to Sea World with my friend TF and her family and friends... we had so much fun. We went on rides and got to watch some amazing animals do flips and dives and just perform some amazing feats. We also watched a lot of acrobats and amazingly skilled people work with the animals. I cannot help but think how cool that is and how blessed they must be to work with these talented animals. The Lord truly blesses us each with special gifts that allow us to be part of the body of Christ. I am grateful for my gifts as well, however, sometimes I wish I could be an acrobat too. Haha, until that days comes. ;) I guess I'll be happy just being an AF nurse.

What I read Exodus 18...

Moses' father in law comes to see him and brings Moses' wife and children with him back to their father. Moses had a great calling on his life. He was called to deliver the people out of Egypt and to take them to the promise-land... Although, I cannot help but wonder about his own children and his wife, did they feel neglected by all the help that Moses was giving to everyone else. I know my own parents were awesome at raising me they were in my lives to every point, very involved. I wonder if Moses was able to put into his children all the love that he showed to the Israelites. I know earlier it said that God almost killed Moses because his own son was not circumcised. Was Moses failing in his parenthood... I wonder what Gershom and Eliezer felt toward their father, did they have great love for him for all that he did, did they know him the way a father and son should know each other. I cannot help but wonder what it must have been to be the child of an absent parent. I had a brief encounter with it, but I knew the whole time he wanted to be with us. I cannot imagine having my life without both my parents. As I learn the backgrounds of some of my friends I wonder how they cope with that absence in their lives. I have been so blessed in life to have 2 parents who love me and take care of me and at sometimes are too involved in my life. However, being away from them now, I wish they were able to be more involved, but I know that at this point in my life I need to grow up and become a responsible adult without their constant presence. I do love them and I miss my family greatly!! For those without parents or fathers, just remember that the Lord is the best and a perfect father that we don't deserve but still he loves us.

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment