Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fifty-eight..

Wednesday the 31st... Leave for Oregon.... the cab picked me up at 5 in the morning for my 6:45am flight... I got on my flight from san antonio to las vegas. After a 2 hour layover I got on my flight from Las Vegas to Portland, OR. I made it in around 12, and my sister, brother and my neice were waiting for me... We drove back into Canby and went to get some coffee and then went to see my grandparents... who I am afraid might have been more excited to see my neice than me... Oh well I am no longer a super cute baby, who can complete with a living baby doll... After a nice long visit I went back to my parents house with my brother and I saw my puppy, who was apparently having diarrhea... We took him to the vet at 4 and then my mom met us there... After the vet visit I went to church and got to surprise a bunch of my friends... it was a lovely night of seeing people again... and then after church I went to buffalo wild wings with some friends... because I was starving... then I went home and got to see my father!! It was a great day to come home... I forget sometimes how much I miss these people. They are amazing and I love them dearly!!

What I read Exodus 8...
It just keeps getting better and better... the next wonder that Aaron and Moses did was instead of blood in the Nile, now frogs would come out of the land from everywhere and yet again the Egyptian priests copied it... and produced the same... but the frogs were so numerous that for the first time Pharaoh summoned Moses to pray to his God to take the frogs away.... it would appear that Pharaoh is finally seeing the light. However, once Pharaoh got relief from the lack of frogs his heart was again hardened. Then the Lord made gnats come from all the dust in the Land and this was the first sign that the Egyptian priests could not replicate, even they stated this is the act of God, but Pharaoh was still angry, yet again the Lord releases another sign upon Pharaoh and the Egyptians and this time he makes a distinction between his people and the Egyptians... he sends only flies in the homes and lands of the Egyptians and in the land of Goshen where all the Hebrews live, not a fly could be found.... Well, yet again Pharaoh asks Moses to pray to rid them of the flies and says that they may go into the wilderness and worship and make sacrifices to their God... however once the flies are gone he changes his mind yet again. What a fickle fickle man Pharaoh is yet... how much are we just like him... when times are going down the tubes and all we can do is ask people to pray for us or give it all to the Lord, we start to have a sense of peace and then we think we can take it all back on again, and yet again we are burdened by the heavy load so we give it back to the Lord and so it goes, give and take, give and take, hard times to good times, hard times to good times. I think the Lord knows our hearts and this story is so much more than just the people of Egypt and Israel this about people today this story was written to be read by people in my church, by my family and most of all by me. I need to hear the Lords plans for my lives, I need to give him complete control of my life and not try to retake on my burdens when the reason I gave them all to him, was because I was drowning from them... His word, his stories, his love is just astounding to me on how he shows the good news in the Bible... I could probably read any story in the Bible and find the gospel message there. That is how amazing HE IS!

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment