Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Bed Frame Fiasco (old post)

So.... I ordered the bed frame a month ago... After calling 2x and being told my bed had yet to ship I finally get an e-mail to set up a drop off time of my bed. As I wait in my room, for 2 hours during the obligatory self-imposed house arrest placed upon people who hope to obtain service from companies who have yet to learn time management. I wait for the phone call I was told I would receive, when I hear a loud truck outside and I can only assume it is my bed. To find out it is actually a neighbor across the street that is moving out. I continue my wait, with anxious trepidation. When finally a loud knock comes at my door. I jump to my feet put on my tennis shoes and go to the door. He asks, "if I would like to come get my packages?" I say, "yes thank you." He walks me downstairs and he gets into the truck. He then unloads the 2 rather large and heavy boxes on the the grass, well if you can call it that. It is Texas grass. So, then he asks, "You need help." My thoughts, " Your kidding right, You really think that a girl my size is not going to need help. I am not some body builder extraordinaire that can carry this all by myself and I am just an average girl with terrible upper body strength. So he helps me take the long box upstairs. When we contemplate the best way to get up the awkward shaped box that holds my headboard he decides it would probably be easiest if you just empty the box and carry it all up one by one. As I am taking up all the small things he cuts through the cardboard to retrieve the headboard. Or at least that is what I think he did while I took 3 trips up and down the stairs with the rest of my bed supplies. When we pull the headboard out I notice a huge gash and I say, " Oh no. Look at that." He asks, "Is it on the bottom?" My thoughts, "Does it matter there is a huge gash in my brand new bed frame that is not supposed to come with a gash anywhere. " What I actually say, "Yeah, that's the top." He asks, "Are you going to refuse it?" My thoughts, "Umm, yeah isn't it obvious it has a huge gash. I don't want to accept something that has already been destroyed. Wouldn't you refuse it as well?" What I actually say, "Yes." He gets on the phone with his supervisor which he explains might take a while. As we waits he turns away from me with his back to me. Then he begins to talk to his supervisor my guess is complaining about me because I don't want to accept the bed frame with a large gash in the headboard. So I try to maneuver myself so I can hear at least his conversation ever so stealthily and then he moves away from me more and the little pieces of conversation I could hear become nothing. So he turns around to me and asks me to go back and get everything that goes in that box so that he can take it back to the supplier. My initial thought is," No you broke it, you go get it all." But I turn and leave and carry it all back down in 2 trips instead of three. So, he tells me I can go call the supplier and they will send another one. I ask, " Do you need help getting it back in the truck." Thinking that he better say no, which he does so I leave to go back upstairs and call the supplier to get a new bed. I call the number that is given to me in the e-mail. After listening to the your call will be helped in 15 minutes I receive a real person who then asks how can I help you, I tell her my predicament and she transfers me to another person. This happens 2 more times until I finally reach Ashley who I tell my problem to and she tells me that I am muffled and I need to speak louder. I begin to speak what I feel like is barely below a yell. She tells me that is better. So I finally tell her my problem and she tells me to hold on that she is going to contact someone else and this happens probably 3 or 4 more times until I am told that she is going to have to speak to the shipper which can take up to 48 hrs and that she will get back to me when she knows more. So I am still bed frame less and have a giant white box filled with bed parts.... and no head board. #Frustration

No comments:

Post a Comment