Sunday, February 14, 2016

Learning to Love and Scone Recipes (old post)

Sunday Nov 6 2011...



Today after church I went a luncheon with the ladies from my Sophia class. It was quite an interesting class they talked about how we can become impatient and how we need to let the Lord lead us in our lives and not whine about it when things do not go our way. It was a really good message and kind of hit home for me. Considering, I am in a place in my life when I have been greatly desiring a relationship in my life. I have been focusing more on myself or my lack of relationship than upon the Lord. I realized that I have not had a legitimate date in 3 something years.. Ugh... That is a long time. I think I might have lost my swagger. :/ haha So, I had an epiphany that I need to start dating again and I decided to give my friend, TF the free range to set me up on a date. I showed some of the ladies in my group, how I tie my scarves. It was a fun luncheon. I am really glad I went. The Lord totally blesses me through these awesome ladies! After the Luncheon I went home and decided I wanted to bake. I invited my friend RV over and my new roommate CM was coming over too. It was funny to tell my other friends my epiphany and now they too have decided they need to find me a date before new years. haha.... I look forward to seeing what they come up with. In the mean time.... I made some Bacon and Cheddar scones...


The recipe was as follows,
3 c. flour
1/2 c. white sugar
5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c. butter
1 egg
1 c. half and half
1 pckt of bacon, cooked and chopped up
1 small block of cheddar cheese- even better if it is smoked :)
To Make:
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg- lightly grease sheet
2. In bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, then add in butter, to mix better, cut up butter into small pieces.
3. Mix in egg and milk in another bowl, then combine with four mixture until moistened.
4. Knead dough on lightly floured surface, mix in chopped bacon and cheddar cheese (use as much as you think is needed).
5. Roll dough into a circle 1/2 thick.
6. Cut circle into 4 halves, then make a round with each half. Then cut each round into 8 wedges and place on baking sheet.
7. Sprinkle extra cheddar cheese on top of wedges.
8. Bake for 13-15 min in preheated oven, or till golden brown.
9. Enjoy the deliciousness. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment