Sunday, February 14, 2016

Afflicted day 2...(old post)

Saturday the Nov 12, 2011...



Woke up before everyone in the house, kind of makes me laugh, but then again I have been waking up early for the past 3 weeks, so it slightly makes since that I couldn't sleep in. I woke up and read my Bible and then Barb went on a SB run. She went to get some coffee for the morning to help wake us up, much needed for the long day ahead of me. Then after coffee Mrs. R brought over breakfast and lunch for the day. We woke the girls up, had breakfast and then everyone broke up to have morning devos. Then we had together time and went over some more of the lessons. Then after lunch and more lessons, we went to Amazing Jump, a huge gym like area that is lined with trampolines. It was a lot of fun, super entertaining and I was able to meet more of the kids in the group. A few of us leaders started showing off some crazy dance moves. I will admit I was one of them. After the gym, we went back to the Church, where we had dinner from Whataburger, my first whataburger experience. haha. I went home for the night, so that I could get a good nights sleep.


A slightly memorable moment of the night, was probably when one of the HS boys walks up to me and asked me where I learned to move like that. I laughed and he asked if I was married or dating. I told him I was currently still single, but if he sees a tall handsome man, send him my way. His response was, " What if he is short, has blonde hair and is wearing red shorts." (mind you that is what he was wearing.) So funny. Oh little boys. I smiled at him and told him I was far too old for him. My girls that were standing and chatting with me, got to witness this whole experience, I kind of felt bad for him. But at the same time, who hits on leaders... We are old farts! Overall, it was a really enjoyable day. Many memories made, more relationships established.


No comments:

Post a Comment