Sunday, February 14, 2016

I will fear no evil...(old post)

Monday the 21st ...


Back to the work grind... I had a chill day at work. After work I went to MNBS, it was a very interesting talk tonight. We discussed Romans 8. I really love the Bible Study. It is so great to hang out with people who just love the Lord and love digging into his word. I really enjoyed today. I had a patient today that had come from theater and was not looking so good. He had a bible verse on his chest that was Psalm 23:4

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me."

I loved the verse and I told him that. He then asked me to read it to him. He asked me what other verses I knew and I just started reciting as many verses as I could think of. He asked to see the Chaplain, and I told him sure. I also asked him if he wanted me to pray with him. He said yes, so I did. It was short, I know it was not eloquent, but it was the first time that I ever prayed with a patient. The Lord is amazing. These men are amazing, the work I am doing is so cool. I am so thankful for the impact that I can make in people's lives. Lord, I pray that you watch over all these amazing men as Thanksgiving is coming up, I pray for them and for their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment