Sunday, August 7, 2011

Thirty three....

Lord give me patience.... My computer keeps acting up and it has been such a trial to write these past few times. It makes writing it become a chore and not an enjoyable event like it was in the beginning. Well, it was my first time working on a Saturday. It was quite and rather peaceful in the PACU today, however, we still had a steady stream of surgeries as more and more people were added to the list. Well, I got to learn more about my co-workers today which was fun.

Well, today I was not so great on my diet, I ran 5 miles when I got up, I didn't have time to eat or stretch so when I got to work I had some berries and granola, then I ate a few gram crackers while at work, however, when I got home I had a tuna pasta salad and the little bit of ice cream that was left in the fridge that has been taunting me, because I didn't want to throw it out and wast food. The good thing is I had it since June and it was still good. At least I didn't eat it all in one sitting. right moderation is good...

What I read... Genesis 33

Well, Jacob finally meets his brother Esau and he is happy to see him, he embraces him and loves on him and all is good again. All that worrying for nothing... or perhaps all the gifts did soften him up or why would he have traveled out with all those men.... perhaps the heart of Esau was changed as the heart of Jacob was changed...

18 After Jacob came from Paddan Aram, he arrived safely at the city of Shechem in Canaan and camped within sight of the city. 19 For a hundred pieces of silver, he bought from the sons of Hamor, the father of Shechem, the plot of ground where he pitched his tent. 20There he set up an altar and called it El Elohe Israel.

I do love the ending of this chapter... He bought some land and pitched his tent and then built an alter to the Lord to praise him and worship and show his love and thanks to the Lord by calling it El Elohe Israel= Mighty is the God of Israel. I love that... I need to start walking about building alters to the Lord and calling them Mighty is the God of Inmans or Mighty is the God of Chelle.... well, if you see me praying by some rocks... I'll tell you if I named the place. I was thinking the other day... not that I need it, but it would be cool to have a place to just go and praise the Lord.... back at home there was a place that I would go in High School and after, but I would go on a run, usually a nice short 3 miler and then I'd stop by the river in a secluded spot and sit and pray and worship the Lord. I never gave it a name, but it was nice to have a place that though it was not my own, I could often go there when things got to hard, or I just needed to clear my head, or I honestly just wanted out of my head. There is something about being the in the beauty of nature that the Lord is able to speak so loudly, it's a wonder I ever want to be inside. Granted

the heat can drive me inside pretty quick, but the Lords majesty seems to be amplified in the world around us.


Just look at the beauty of a sunset and tell me the one who created color did not have fun painting the skies with life and beauty that could stop someone dead in their tracks that they have to watch as the sun slowly fades into the distance and the world is taken over by darkness. How awesome that we daily have a light show to start and end our day. I've always thought that every sunset is a glimpse of the promise of the beauty that will come tomorrow. Silly, I know but I think that is why I love sunsets so much. When you see the sunset tonight, think of all the promises that the Lord will fulfill for you tomorrow.

Good Night and God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. I very much enjoy reading your thoughts and daily routines and rumblings. Please do not get discouraged with your temperamental computer!

    I, too, have been getting the feeling that God has been itching me to further share my talents, as well! I admire that you are listening to Him and pursuing His call!

    You seem like a very happy and spunky person! Keep on blogging and making positive differences in people's lives at work and in your daily life and God will continue to bless you every day!

    Thanks, again, for continuing to share your thoughts with us and I look forward to reading more successful weigh-ins, encounters with the youth at your church, and random silly banter in the future!

    Good Afternoon and God Bless!

    (You are amazing!)

    ReplyDelete