Saturday, August 20, 2011

Forty five...

Today was my day off and I slept in, picked up my apartment and did dishes and then went shopping. I got a wireless keyboard for my computer and though I could not get it to work yet. I am much excited about it. I also had a fun little shopping spree at AE one of my favorite stores and I also went to Borders since they were having a going out of business sale I got a few great deals. Overall, I much needed enjoyable day.

What I read.... Genesis 45

So Joseph finally reveals himself to his brothers and in turn gives them many gifts and blessings and tells them to bring Jacob and all their families back with them that they might be taken care of in the next 5 years of famine. When they came back home to Jacob and he saw and heard of everything he was restored. Infact he is even called Israel again. It would seem that when Jacob is living of the world he is called by his fleshly name, but when he is called Israel he is called by God and living in a manner that is righteous. Above every part of this passage my favorite has to be that Joseph harbors no ill will towards his brothers, no animosity over the situation he was put in, but he saw it as an act of God to take care of his family and many other lives. Wherever the Lord leads me I hope I can see it always as a blessing and be able to glorify the Lord whatever situation may come my way.

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment