Saturday, August 20, 2011

Forty three...

So yet again another day in pre-op. Today was a awesome at IVs. I seriously got everyone on the first try and I have to admit I was really proud of myself, because I am finally getting the hang of putting IVs in the hand. I have to admit I was not so keen on it in the beginning but the hand veins are almost becoming more easier than the the ACs. What does that say? hahah... There was one old lady at the end of the day that I could tell was not a fan of getting poked, she freaked out when I poked her in the forearm... which I got the vein on the first try but then it blew... :( However, she complained that she doesn't like it in the hand, which I held my tongue but golly I was just like Ma'am I did not put it in your hand it's in your arm. She cried out the second time I tried to stick her and she jumped and yelled," She's killing me, Help!" I have to admit I have never quite had that reaction to an IV start. However, I will admit I steered clear of her after that. She was joking and teasing with the anesthesiologist while I was starting her IV, which I have to admit was quite hilarious. She was teasing him, so he teased back, I've only lost 2 today. Which I know he was teasing but he shut her up good... haha. I still can't help smiling when I think of her face to that statement. Oh my word, best part of my day right there followed by the worst when she yelled I was killing her. Anyways, that was my day in a nutshell.

what I read... Genesis 43

In dire need of more food, Jacob reluctantly sends his sons with Benjamin to go buy grain from Joseph and sends them with extra silver, for the old and the new grain they are to buy. Well, when Joseph sees that they brought Benjamin, he prepares a feast for them and Simeon is released and they all eat, but as the brothers are all arranged at the table by age, the youngest Benjamin receives a dinner serving 5X that of his brothers. Joseph appears to be testing his brothers. To see what they will do when Benjamin receives this large disproportional helping. Was Joseph right to test his brothers? Did he give so much to Ben because they were biological brothers of the same mother. As the Lord saw Isaac as the true heir to land given to Abraham, was Joseph too seen in the eyes of God as the true heir to the promised land, for Rachel was the chosen wife. Sometimes, I wonder though we do sin and things come out all jumbled as the people in the just the first book of Genesis show us. Perhaps the Lord truly does become blind to our sins, for his perfect will is still upheld in the genealogy lines of men. Isaac though second born, was given first born rights, Jacob though devious and deceptive and a second born was also given first born rights and now Joseph though almost last on the list to be born though the first of Rachel, seems to get first born rights not only in the eyes of Jacob, but also in the eyes of God. I think the Lord tests us not only like Joseph tests his brothers to see what they will do, but in terms of choosing our lives and dealing with the hand that has been dealt to us, to make the most of it and not become jealous or angry but to be happy for those that good things happen to. If we became cynical every time something amazing happened to our friends, how sad would it be, to have no one to share your joy, your laughter, your happiness. I believe that we are to share eachothers sorrows as much as we are to share eachother's joys, not to take away from them and not to take on burdens, but to come together in community and build up one another and pray for one another just as well as being happy and praising God together when the good does happen. I honestly am not sure how I ended here after that passage, but in my head it made sense I hope you were able to follow my thought process as well. Praise be to the Lord for all the good he brings to me and to you!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment