Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Thirty Six....

Today was my day off and what a glorious day it has been... I slept in, I washed Duke, I went to Home Depot, where they told me they could not fix my lamp... After frustration and hunger pains, I decided to try out the cafe down on broadway called Le Madeline... it was amazing... I got a breakfast croissant and a cafe caramel frappe, which both were light and airy and though delicious and filling, did not make me regret my decision to eat there by leaving me with a food baby. I went to the Home and Hardware store near my apartment and they told me they cannot fix my lamp... Utter disappointment, However, the fellow that helped me, by trying to look to find a part that would fix my lamp was really very sweet and funny. I will admit if he had asked me out... I probably would not have said no... However, that appears to not be the case... Well, after going back home I watched some more Melissa and Joey had my greek scramble... I appear to be all about the eggs today... For a snack I had some berries and granola all while still putting off going to the store to buy more food as I am down to almost only condiments now... Oh the joys of living alone. The pest control guy came by while I was being lame and sitting in front of my TV and writing on my blog, which leaves me to where I am now... contemplating going to the store.. and yet still unable to move my lazy but from this spot. Good News though... the youth pastor e-mailed me back, so we are going to meet up after church next sunday... I'm super excited about it... whether I am a good fit or not.... I am trying to reach out and help out, and worst case scenario I meet 2 more people that go to wayside.

Well... in case you weren't paying attention above... I had a croissant and caramel frappe, greek scramble and some granola with berries... not sure on dinner yet, but I'm leaning towards left overs of rice and chicken, since it does not involve going to the grocery store

What I read... Genesis 36

The Geneology Line of Esau... and the Edomities... not going to lie to you... I read it and as much as I tried I really gleaned nothing from it today... So I decided to look over some of my older notes.... v.25-43 Esau was a man of the flesh... what is the flesh then... or ergo who was Esau... The flesh is prolific... Esau seemed not to care about the Lord or doing what his parents wanted for his life... His parents didn't want him to marry the women of the land and he went out and married a Canaanite woman, a few actually. The flesh is powerful... Esau was able to conquer a whole nation... and because it is powerful that is why we have troubles with it and we have to wrestle with it, to do write and beat it. The flesh is prosperous... though the flesh is not blessed, it can be profitable for a season... just as the Edomities will be prosperous for a season... They are even around till the time of Jesus as the Herod's were Edomities. The flesh is persistent, the reason you wrestle with your flesh is because even though you fight it off it still comes back to get you time and time again, new and old things to make you trip and stumble. The flesh is prideful, it thinks it is better than God, how silly are we to think that we our a self made man... we have made nothing of ourselves, God has made all of it... We can take credit for nothing for he made us and anything we can make has come from him. I know that this was really good for me to read back over, I hope it was profitable for you as well... Now I need to buckle down and go grocery shopping.

Good Night and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment