Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Thirty Five...

Well... back to the work grind again... It was a fine monday, nothing that great about it, but the fact that I'm another week older in life. It was sweet, because I had this lady, who was married to a chaplain, and she could not void (urinate, go to the bathroom, pee) I loaded her up with fluids, and still nothing... She was getting to the point where we were either going to have to keep her over night, worry that something went wrong, or send her home with a catheter.... I didn't really like any of those options, but I told them to her... She was so sweet, after she finally went to the bathroom, she was so proud she came and got me and showed me what she had accomplished... I told her good... As I was taking out her IV, her husband said, man I was praying so hard. What an answer to prayer that you finally went to the bathroom. I told them... "I'm not going to lie, but I said a prayer for ya too." It was something I probably would not have shared if I didn't know he was a chaplain, but it was what he said that struck me, as they told me about the many people that were in their church and even people waiting on their front porch to welcome her home that had been praying for her... He said, "It must have been your prayer then." It truly struck me... I laughed it off at the time... thinking oh it's not me but him... But it's true he hears our prayers even the silent ones I think while sitting next to one of my patients. I am so grateful that He is a God who hears us, and even me, my simple, quiet, silly prayers.

What I ate... coffee, crackers, salad, coffee, tuna in pasta. bread and olive oil.

What I read... Genesis 35
This is kind of a full passage, the Lord again, makes promises to Jacob and Benjamin is born, Rachel dies, Deborah dies and Issac dies... there is something kind of sad about when you lose the main character of your story... like Isaac, and before him it was Abraham and before him Noah and before that Adam... well there was a lot of people in between all of them... but still... there is something terribly tragic about losing the person you've been reading about. I know they are not perfect and they make mistakes, however, I don't know about you but I start to feel like I know them...

27 Then Jacob came to his father Isaac at Mamre, or Kirjath Arba (that is, Hebron), where Abraham and Isaac had dwelt. 28 Now the days of Isaac were one hundred and eighty years. 29 So Isaac breathed his last and died, and was gathered to his people, being old and full of days. And his sons Esau and Jacob buried him.

I really like what it says about Isaac, being old and full of days...I think it's funny that when he started going blind he thought he was dying but he lived for many years after that and now has many many grandchildren. I hope that when I die, people can say I died old and full of days. I want people to think that I had a full life, because though, I am still very young in years I do believe my life thus far has been full of family, friends, love and joy. Sure you have a hard day here and there but over all it is always a good day, because I'm still alive. One of the guys I work with told me something very nice today.... He said he enjoys working with me, sure I tease him and he calls it verbal abuse, but he said I know you never mean it mean and you're always so much fun to work with. I may have paraphrased it alittle bit, but I love that people enjoy working with me. I would hate to be the person that people try not to get stuck working the same day as me... that would be sad. In fact they were all teasing me about how much I smile and laugh, which if I was to choose to have a flaw I hope it would be I am too joyful. I got the Joy Joy Joy down in my heart... Where? down in my heart!

Joy to You and God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment