Thursday, March 4, 2010

March 4, 2010

Today was my grandpa's birthday!! I look up to my grandpa so much. I think in most of my family him and I are super alike. I am so blessed to have him in my life. I thank the Lord for everyday that I get to spend with him. He is such an amazing man. He's totally a lover of Jesus and such a good example of what a Christian should be. He is so slow to anger, maybe that is because I am his granddaughter and there is not much I could do to anger him. He is such a patient man, and so loving and willing to be there for you, whenever you need him, he's right there for ya. Just give him a hollar and he'll come a running, well maybe not so much running, but come walking with a polished and perfected swagger that is even more accentuated by his recent knee replacement. Yay for Grandpas!

Well, it's been an interesting travel in life lately, I totally feel the Lord calling me to be a Peacemaker, a person that does not rebuke when others attack them. I'm not saying that I think he wants me to be a doormat. I am saying that I need to be more Christlike a person that is not easily angered or quick to defend myself. If you look at the life of Christ, when he was accused and put to trial, an unfair trial might I add, he could have totally put them all in their place and argued that he was innocent. For here he was a man completely innocent of any sin and being accused and hung up on a cross with theives. Yet he took it. He didn't rebuke them, he just delt with it and in return he saved us all from death. He died that we might live. He was born to die and he rose again. The more I try to grasp that concept the more my mind just feels completely baffeled. It's amazing how great his love was for us. A people that still continue to ignore his existence. Quite sad on many occasions when you try to grasp it from the human mind, but he loves us unconditionally, it's just so unfathomable that a man that great would love someone as lowly as me the cheifest of sinners. Thank you Lord for my challenge, I look forward to trying to work at it, but best of all I know you will be with me always to be my strength. Thank you Lord for you love and for your grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment