Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1, 2010

Well, it's been nearly a month since I found out that I got selected to become an officer in the Air Force, kind of crazy thought, but the more time that goes by, the more I think I'm ready and really wanting to leave already. Although, my COT date isn't set till October, I'm really praying that I get to leave before then. Hoping for May. The funny thing is now that I've found out that I'm selected, I have become so anxious to leave and to get my career as a nurse started. The more I think about it, the more I am really excited to go into the Air Force. I know that if anyone had asked me after I graduated high school if I wanted to go into any branch of the military I probably would had laughed or scoffed at the idea. But the more I think about it, it really does meet all the criteria I had hoped to find in a job. I really want a job that I can travel in, that is why forever, I thought I wanted to do travel nursing. It was a way to get into the nursing field, get housing and a small amount for money. Travel nursing was also another job that would help me save up and pay back money to my loans faster than a regular job. What I really hope to do someday is to go into the mission field. Maybe go on to the Mercy Corps ships. Lord willing, I hope some day I do get to do that. For now, I'm super excited that the Air Force is going to help me back back my loans, and get a ton of experience that I never would get from any normal hospital. Not to mention the options of what type of nursing I can do once I am. I think I really want to do Critical Care nursing, however, I know once I get started any sort of nursing is going to be a blast than what I'm doing now just working at the movie theater. Well, I guess all that is left to do now, is continue to get in shape and get ready to go into the Air Force. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment