Thursday, March 11, 2010

March 11, 2010

I am a tentdweller in a land that is not my own, in a kingdom that I am not a citizen, for my citizenship is not of this world. You know the more that I try to grasp that concept the more I really feel like I really identify with Abraham and his sons, the men, that the Lord had called in Genesis to be tentdwellers in a world that was not theirs, because their kingdom was not of this world, but their kingdom was in Jesus Christ. I guess right now, the Lord has been greatly working in my life and it has been a blessing to be able to watch the Lord work in my own life as well as those around me. Sometimes it is those people around me that I sometimes understand him better than looking at my own life. Is that weird or what? Probably super crazy sounding. But sometimes when you live your life, you start to think that you are working in yourself changing yourself. You know like working out in gym or go running. I am the one who gets myself up every morning to go run and work out. I am the one putting on the shoes and I am the one lifting the weights, but oh how wrong we are. He is the one who is in us, he is my strength, through him I can do all things, and without him I can do nothing. He is the reason I wake up every morning. For he allows me the ability to wake up and live through the night. You know that may sound morbid, but it's true. He protects us and keeps us safe. When we are in Egypt and the world, he protects and allows us to persevere and prosper. He blesses us and gave us his son. That we might have hope. For he is our King. The King of my Kingdom. He also has given me the ability to build muscle, the ability to pick up the weights. He has given me the ability to run, for my legs, feet and body all work together to move. My body is an intricate miracle that is proof that the Lord is real. However, when I look at myself it never seems quite as visible than when I look at others. When I see someone that is able to run without feet. When I see someone living with cancer, but they continue to wake up smiling. I cannot help but see Jesus in their lives. I hope and I pray that I am a vessel that the Lord can use for others to see Jesus shinning through. For I realize that it is not of myself but it is all him that anything in my life has gone rightly and well. I thank him for the all the blessings in my life, which are far to abundant to even attempt to write in a lifetime. Thank you Lord for the ability to wake up each morning and get to serve you another day. Lord I live my life that when I sing your praise and worship you I will hopefully not blink the word hypocrite in neon lighted letters. Let me be light unto the word that shines to glorify your beloved son Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment